Blue books – finished!
I finished these little woven spine books which have been languishing in a bag in my studio since the middle of May.
Why now? Immobilized with back pain. Today was much better than yesterday. So I could gingerly move around and gather what I needed. Then stayed in one place long enough to finish 3 patches of weaving and tie on 52 beads.
- Paste paper covers from a workshop with Abbie Read
- Text paper dyed with blue butterfly pea dye
- Guard sheets of various scraps from my stash, cut to size long ago
- Scraps of waxed linen thread used for sewing sections in a 5-hole pamphlet
- Embroidery floss from Deb Lacativa used for weaving
- Beads from Vintage Spinster, purchased in Muizenberg, South Africa, at Gina’s store
These books seem like a hodgepodge of materials pulled together. I’m not sure I’ll add any content to them. This project was inspired by Rosemary Levin’s book at Chapter Two in Corea, Maine.